Our careers service provides pre-entry students, current students and graduates of up to three years with information and advice on various aspects of careers and work related learning in a friendly, inclusive, impartial and supportive setting.
As a service we aim to do the following:
- Individual’s main issues are clarified for them
- Options available are known by students and graduates
- Relevant professional advice and guidance is received by students and graduates
- Users know where to find out about other sources of help
- Students develop transferable, professional and specialist skills which meet the needs of the labour market
- Students have quality work based and work related learning opportunities where possible
- Students and graduates have the ability to make decisions and implement personal and realistic career choices that have been well informed
- Progression into employment and further study in individual’s desired area
If you would like to speak to someone about Newman’s Careers Service please get in touch with Melissa Clarke Melissa.M.Clarke@newman.ac.uk 0121 476 1181 ext 2416.